Applied Financial Modelling
- April 21, 2021 - April 23, 2021
- 9:00 am - 2:00 pm GMT+4
- Virtual Classroom
Development of bespoke financial models to support transactions and assist decision making and performance reporting. This course includes a diverse and comprehensive set of learning techniques, excel models, exercises, and international case studies associated with financial modelling subjects. Through a direct and live interaction with our lecturers we provide a unique learning experience which will allow you to keep advancing your skills and your project.
Robust, reliable and well constructed financial models provide critical support for businesses making key investment and strategic decisions. Microsoft Excel is the primary tool for building models due to its flexibility, ease of use. Models built using Microsoft Excel can be powerful analytical tools however the flexibility provided by Excel also introduces challenges and risks. Appropriate planning, critical thinking and experience can minimize those risks and ensure the model conveys relevant information to support the decision.
Key course takeaways
After attending and participating in this course, you will be better able to:
- Led by our leading financial modelling specialists, this course is interactive and engaging allowing you to clearly understand the methodology for best practice financial modelling
- Learn how to adopt formulas for cash flow waterfall in project finance and acquisition models that incorporate cash flow sweeps, cash traps, earn out provisions, IRR flip structures, potential for default and minimum cash balance accounts
- Understand the use of equations for debt sculpting in projects finance models that incorporate complexities including balloon payments,multiple debt issues, final repayment from DSRA accounts, and circularity issues
- Learn how to effectively represent operating risks in corporate and project finance models that reflect surplus capacity risk, market risk and political risk
- Construct elegant models with flexible timelines, easy to understand flexible formulas, structured components that separate financing and operating elements and creating ways to audit model mechanics
- Learn to create models for the inclusion of multiple currencies, portfolio of assets, alternative scenario presentations, transaction structuring in M&A, and flexible timing presentation
Solid financial modeling and forecasting know-how is just one part of the business leadership professional’s toolbox. Today’s challenging business environment requires a cross-functional understanding of accounting, finance, corporate strategy and industry dynamics. Advanced Excel proficiency is required to sort through data from a network of disparate sources. In addition to technical skills, “soft skills” such as leadership and presentation acumen are used to answer to the CFO, the CEO and financial sponsors. Our course will equip you with this full range of skills and provide ongoing learning and development to keep your skills sharp within financial planning and analysis domain.
This course is designed for professionals working in roles such as finance, corporate finance, management accounting, banking, operational management and other roles that involve analysis of financial and operational data and financial modelling. This course is ideal for a candidate who work closely with team leaders to provide financial modeling insights, ensure projects progress according to financial modeling best practices and use models to demonstrate the business case and “tell the story”.
Our latest webinar recording
Instructor bioLearn from world class faculty and experts
100% online, instructor-led. Our courses are expressly designed to fit the lives of busy professionals like you.
Courses are personally developed by instructors practitioners experts to help you gain today’s most in-demand skills.
Exams are managed by Deutsches Institut für Corporate Finance, it is responsible for the certification process and controls the best practices in it.
- US$2,400 + VAT
- For information regarding payment terms, cancellation rights, transfer policies and fees, please contact us.