Practical Application of Business Architecture
- January 20, 1970
- 9:00 am - 2:00 pm GMT+4
- Virtual Classroom
Business Architecture is a discipline that provides a holistic and multidimensional view of organizations. It enables and supports management and all other stakeholders in conducting organizational changes of any kind and scope.
The evidence on problems arising from the organizational change endeavors are on the rise. No matter the scale or scope of organizational change, implementation is always filled with problems arising from the silo mentality between different functions, especially between IT and Business.
In the midst of approaches and methodologies developed on the promise of helping organizations navigating the complexities of organizational changes, Business Architecture arises as the only discipline with the practical framework, concepts and tools, for simplifying and successfully supporting organizational changes. It focuses on understanding and analyzing the impacts of organizational changes on various domains of the company: capabilities, value streams, organization, information, etc.
Key course takeaways
After attending and participating in this course, you will be better able to:
- Defining the Business Architecture – the role and benefits
- Business Architecture principles
- Capability mapping
- Value stream mapping
- Organization mapping
- Information mapping
- Mapping the extended domains (policies, stakeholders, initiatives, and products)
- Putting it all together – creating a Business Architecture Metamodel
- The value of Business Architecture – cross-mapping the domains and identifying the impacts of the proposed organizational changes
- Examples of business scenarios from various industries
- Putting the knowledge into practice – Demonstration of the real-life examples
When you earn your Business Architecture Certificate, everyone will know you have invested your time and energy in learning both the concepts and practices used by business architects, strategists, and business leaders to gain business advantage. Business architecture skills are broadly applicable in many organizational roles and functions-armed with wisdom and practical knowledge your organization can really use, upon completion of this certificate your resume will reflect your ability and achievement.
- Understanding the basic concepts and domains of Business Architecture
- Getting to know the principles of Business Architecture
- Learning how to map the four core domains of Business Architecture (capabilities, value streams, organizations, and information)
- Learning how to identify the impacts of organizational changes and support the overall change management endeavors
- Getting insights into several business scenarios in different industries
This course is helpful for anyone seeking a better understanding of the position and role of Business Architecture, as well as Business Architect within any type of organization. It includes those leaders tasked with bringing novel practices into their organizations and using them to achieve improved business results, IT people struggling to understand the strategic direction of their organizations, HR managers lacking to methods and tools to claim the rightful seat at the executive table, executives who are struggling to truly transform their business to meet the demands of their customers and compete in a fast-paced environment, as well as anyone interested in understanding the concepts and practices of Business Architecture.
Our latest webinar recording
Instructors bioLearn from world class faculty and experts
100% online, instructor-led. Our courses are expressly designed to fit the lives of busy professionals like you.
Courses are personally developed by instructors practitioners experts to help you gain today’s most in-demand skills.
Exams are managed by Business Architecture Guild®, it is responsible for the certification process and controls the best practices in it.
- US$1,900 + VAT
- For information regarding payment terms, cancellation rights, transfer policies and fees, please contact us.